- Wholly Cow Brisket Flat
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- (1 tbs.) Smoked Paprika
- (1 tbs.) Garlic Powder
- (1 tbs.) Dry Mustard
- (2 tbs.) Salt
Rub Mix Directions:
- Mix together your dry ingredients, and rub down both sides of the brisket. Really make sure you have all the nooks and crannies covered, but pay special attention to the fat cap.
- Cover, and store your brisket overnight in the refrigerator.
You can cook brisket one of two ways. You can cook it low and slow in the oven or a slow cooker, or you can smoke it. We love the flavor and crust you get from smoking so that’s how we’re making it. If you don’t have a smoker, it’s okay. You can cook the brisket on low in the oven.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Cook for 5-6 hours, fat side up, until the internal temperature reaches 195-200 degrees.
- Bring your smoker to 250 degrees and place the brisket in a foil container to keep the juicy good stuff from leaching out.
- When the interior of the meat reaches 170 degrees, in around 4-5 hours, pull out the brisket and cover it in foil, and put it back in the smoker until the internal temperature is 200 degrees.
- Let your brisket rest while wrapped for approximately 10 minutes and then unwrap it and let it rest for about 5 more minutes before slicing.
Serve with your favorite side dishes and if you must, barbeque sauce.